CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Playing With Punches

Hi everyone.  Today I thought I would share with you a new character for me.  I made this guy using punches.  This is my first attempt so please be kind.  My inspiration for this one came from 2 places: the first is a card I saw on Pinterest by Kay Sha and the second was from a visit to the comic book store.  Now I know that the comic book store might seem like an odd place to some but for me, I love comic books and the characters in them.  I have to admit I shop more in the kids section because those are the comics that interest me.  So it should come as no surprise that I can be inspired to make a punch art character based on one of the cute characters.  This one is also a Disney character which I love.  Let's get started.


It's Goofy!!!!  At this point, I have goofy made but have not put him onto a card.   I did not have a recipe for him and only had photos to look at of Kay's card and the comic book.  So I thought I would spend today on the tutorial of how to make him and then share the finished card with you tomorrow. 

The photo shows the punches that I used to make Goofy.  The only other item I used was my set of oval framelits and my big shot.  Otherwise what you see is what you get.


Here is one more photo of Goofy for you to see. He turned out really cute but big.  He will not fit on the normal size card I usually make.  I will have to go big for this one.  


Let me start at the top and work my way down.  The colors I used for Goofy are Gumball Green for the hat, Basic Black and Whisper White.  I also used Blushing Bride but that will come into play in the bottom half.  The hat is made using 3 green wide ovals and 2 green large ovals.  For the band, I used a black large oval.  They are layered together and attached to one another with runner adhesive.  For his hair, I punched a wide oval out of black and set it aside to use as an eye.  I then used the wide oval punch, offset it from the wide oval hole, and punched again 3 times.  His eyes consist of 2 wide ovals in black, 2 wide ovals in white and 2 small ovals trimmed down for the eyeballs.


Off to the sides of the eyes, I also placed a 1" circle on each side.  The snout area consists of 2 wide ovals, 1 large ovals and 2 3/4" circles in Blushing Bride.  The large oval goes behind the wide ones and the circles are for the cheeks.  His nose is a black large oval.  The teeth were fun to make.  I used a 1" circle for each one.  They are trimmed down into the shape I wanted.  The inside of the mouth is a black wide oval while the tongue was made using the retired heart to heart punch (not in the photo).  I used the wide heart and punched it from Primrose Petal card stock.  The blush part of the mouth and the ears were made using the framelits set of ovals.  

All pieces of Goofy were attached to one another using runner adhesive and liquid glue.  I had a lot of fun making this cute face.  It just turned out larger than I expected.  I do plan to try it once more and downsize it some.  If I manage to make it work, I will let you know.  For now, I am pretty sure I will have to use a 5" x 7" card.

That's it for today.  Please stop by tomorrow to see the finished Goofy card.  I will share my daughter's birthday card on Friday.  Thanks for visiting!!!

1 comment: