CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, June 24, 2013

Should A Birthday Card Ever Be Despicable?

Hi everyone and happy Monday.  I hope you all had a nice weekend.  I tried to get a bit of rest myself.  I woke up Saturday feeling a little bit odd.  I felt feverish and like I was coming down with something.  I decided to rest as much as possible so that I hopefully would not get sick.  Thankfully I feel better now.

As for my question about the birthday cards, my answer is yes.  In fact I made my sister's birthday card a bit despicable.  Want to see it?  Here we go.


How's this for despicable?  Yes it's the minions from Despicable Me.  I am so excited to go see the second one coming out next month.  I really think the minions are hysterical.  But let's talk about the card shall we?

I started with a piece of Daffodil Delight cut at 5" x 10", scored at 5",  I ran this through the big shot using the largest framelit from the floral framelits set.  As you can see, the top two petals are flat.  This is where I kept the fold of the card off the framelit so that it would not be cut all the way through.  I then added a second layer using the 2nd largest framelit from that set.  I made this one out of Night of Navy.  I actually cut 2 of these.  The other one is used inside the card. (You will see that in a minute.)  To add sparkle and decoration to the front  I added some blue and yellow rhinestones to the flower points.  The minions themselves are on another flower cut using the 2nd smallest framelit from the floral set.  I cut these 2 out of Whisper White card stock.  I ran these through the big shot using the cloudy day impression folder.  I then edged both of these using Daffodil Delight and Night of Navy ink with my sponges.  Both the navy and white layers are attached using runner adhesive. 


Here is my first minion.  Since both were made using the same punches, I will just describe the process once.  The only difference is that this one has only one eye while the other has two.


Here the second minion.  To make these guys, you will need the following:

card stock:  Daffodil Delight, Night of Navy, Basic Black, Whisper White and Shimmery Silver
punches:  owl builder, 1/4" and 1/2" circle punches
accessories:  2 way glue pen, fine tip black marker and white gel pen

Now I used the retired horizontal slot punch for the straps of the overall but you can just use a scrap of card stock to make these.  I used a scrap of daffodil to make the arms.  The finished minions are attached to the card using dimensionals.  I am not spending a lot of time going through every step because they are kind of self explanatory.  However, if you have questions please contact me.


For the inside of the card, I put the 2nd navy flower in here using runner adhesive.  I then used a birthday stamp I have and stamped the greeting onto Whisper White.  Using the 3rd largest flower from the framelits set to cut this out.  I sponged the edges with the daffodil and navy ink.  I used my colored pencils and colored in the greeting.  Once colored, I attached it using the runner adhesive also.  I added pearls to the navy and the same blue and yellow rhinestones to the white that were used on the front.  

Well that's all I have for today.  I hope you enjoyed this card.  I had a lot of fun making it and my sister loved it.  I will do my best to come up with something cute to share for tomorrow.  I do hope you drop in to see me then.  Thanks for stopping by today!!! 

Shipping Location

No comments:

Post a Comment