CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

It's Relaxation Time!!!!!!

Hi everyone!  I have to be honest I am looking forward to a few days away in California.  While I did spend a bit of time on Saturday preparing the card for yesterday and today, I lost my mojo.  I actually got some news that was both happy and unnerving at the same time.  It brought up memories of someone I loved very much who passed away a few years ago.  It seems so odd to say years.  To me, it might as well have been yesterday.  The emotions are still raw.  Funny how you go along and convince yourself that everything is fine and then something happens to remind you that if you are honest with yourself, everything is not fine.  Anyway, I am going to take the rest of the week off and go on our vacation.  I will not be back in my craft room until Monday or Tuesday so look for a new post on Wednesday.  Any craft time I have between now and then will be spent working on the wedding cards.

Today I want to share a card that I made on Saturday.  Now I posted a similar one a while back that was made by someone else.  I came across it on Pinterest and wanted to share her.  I also said I wanted to give her a try and then promptly forgot it.  I was reminded of her a couple of days ago and really wanted to give her a try.  She fits right into the whole relaxing theme I hope to have the rest of the week.  Without further ado, let's get started.


The one on Pinterest had room for a saying on the front.  I think I could have used a greeting if I had used smaller circles.  However, I like how she takes up the front of my card.  The base card for this one is Wild Wasabi cut at 4 1/4" 11", scored at 5 1/2".  The only layer for this one is a piece of Whisper White measuring 4" x 5 1/4".  I ran this piece through my big shot using the Modern Mosaic impression folder.  I attached it to the base card using runner adhesive after the lady was attached to it.


Here is a close up of the top half of her face.  Love the cucumbers don't you?


Here is a closer look at the bottom half of her face.  I used the following colors of card stock:

Strawberry Slush - towel and robe
Chocolate Chip - hair
Melon Mambo - lips
Garden Green - outside rim of cucumber
Wild Wasabi - inside of cucumber
Pear Pizzazz - seeds of cucumber
Blushing Bride - face, ears and neck

Here is a list of the big shot dies and punches used for each part of her:

3 1/2" circle die for the big shot for her face - trimmed on one side to angle for chin

scallop oval from the framelits oval collection for the towel and robe - these were trimmed down to fit the card after being placed and were embossed using the fancy fan folder

1 1/4" circle for the outer rim of the cucumber

1" circle for the inside of the cucumber and for the ears

retired triple layer flower punch for the seeds - you could cut these from 1/4" circles if needed

retired small oval for the upper lip - I snipped the center out to form the lip and flattened one side

wide oval for the bottom lip cut across

retired 1 3/8" square punch for the neck

I cut the hair free handed.  I also added pearls to her ears for earrings.  They just seemed to fit her.  

I had a lot of fun making her.  I wish I was inspired to make more before I leave on vacation but I just don't seem to have it in me.  I must get packing to be ready.  Once my hubby is ready to get into the car and go, it is time to go.  I best be prepared.  I will return next week by Wednesday (before if I can) and I hope you all have a wonderful rest of the week and a fantastic weekend. See you later!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment