CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Friday, September 6, 2013

The Owl League Strikes Again!!

It's Friday!!!!!!  For me, Friday's are also my afternoons with Jackson.  I just love spending time with him. 

The card I am sharing today is one I made for my daughter's boyfriend's birthday.  I don't like to post these until after they are delivered to the person so that's why it is being posted now.  Anyway, let's get started. 


I started with a base card of Read Red card stock cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored by 4 1/4".   I added a layer of Basic Black card stock to this with runner adhesive.  The  black was cut at 4 1/8" x 5 1/4".  I then added a layer of Night of Navy card stock cut at 4" x 5".  I ran this through the big shot using the star impression folder.  Once it was embossed, I attached it to the base card with runner adhesive.


The sunburst look of the background was made using a scrap piece of Sahara Sand (not visible) cut at 2 3/4" x 5".  This served as the base the sunburst would be built on top of for the card.  I took strips of Real Red and Whisper White card stock which measured 1 1/2" x 4" and embossed them using impression folders and the big shot.  The red were embossed with the houndstooth impression folder and the white were embossed with the argyle impression folder.  Once embossed, I cut each of these strips diagonally using my paper cutter.  I took the piece of Sahara Sand and marked the center of it with a pencil on each side.  I then layered the strips of embossed red and white onto this using a glue stick.  Be sure to cover your corners of the sahara and once all pieces are attached, trim off the excess that overhangs the sides.  This finished sunburst was then attached to the piece of navy on the card using runner adhesive.


The black strip that goes across the card where the sunburst and card meet is a 3/4" x 5" piece.  I attached it using runner adhesive.  The greeting is from the stamp set Teeny Tiny Wishes.  I stamped it using Night of Navy ink onto Whisper White and punched it out using the retired small oval punch.  It is layered onto a large oval punch from Real Red card stock with runner adhesive.  The finished greeting is attached to the card using dimensionals.


All the characters on here were made using the owl builder punch.  I will introduce each one and list colors used for them.  This first one is Spider Owl.  I used Real Red, Pacific Point, Whisper White and Basic Black card stock for this guy.  The spider web and spider were drawn on by hand using a fine tip black marker.  


Next we have Super Owl.  I used Pacific Point, Real Red, Basic Black, Whisper White and Daffodil Delights card stock to make him.  His hair is an owl vest cut down.  The emblem on his chest was hand cut by me and the letter "s" was drawn on using a red fine tip marker.  I also added white get pen to his eyes.  The black lines on the belt were made using the fine tip black marker.


Last but not least we have Bat Owl.  To make him, I used Basic Black, Whisper White, Daffodil Delight and Basic Gray card stock.  I did use one extra punch on this one.   I used my handheld 1/8" circle puch to make the openings for the eyes in the mask.  For his emblem, I drew the bat by hand with a fine tip black marker and cut out the oval with by hand also.  I added lines to the belt with the black fine tip marker too.  

All pieces of each character were adhered together using a 2 way glue pen.  Once complete, the characters were attached to the card using dimensionals.

I hope you enjoyed my card today.  I wish you all a wonderful weekend.  Stop by next week to see what I have to share with you.  Thanks for dropping by today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment